Well, that’s it for another year. The older I get, the faster they blow by. Still, 2011 was a really productive year for me. January saw the release of UNSEEN WORLD (which I hope will be available as an e-book in no short order.) I also wrote TIM REAPER and just this morning, I sent off THE NORTH to my agent. I’ll look forward to doing revisions on both before we get down to the business of trying to sell them. (Yeah, I know – I actually said I look forward to revisions.)
I’m thankful for a lot of things that happened in 2011 – here’s a short list:
1) I’m thankful that I wrote two books – I didn’t know I had it in me.
2) I’m thankful to my faithful beta readers who have helped me throughout the year with both projects.
3) I’m thankful to have a great literary agent and a great literary agent’s assistant. Without them, I would go nuts.
4) I’m thankful to those who bought my books in 2011 and who took time to send me an email asking when the next book is coming out.
5) I’m thankful to have moved to a better house in a way better neighborhood.
6) I’m thankful to my better half, Cheryl, and my family for all their support. Without their encouragement, I don’t think I would be able to write a damned thing.
7) I’m thankful to have such fantastic friends who are published: Wayne Simmons, Nancy Holzner, Erin Kellison, Linda Poitevin, Thomas Emson, Neil Godbout, Darren J. Guest – all great authors with great books so, you know, go buy one!
8) I’m thankful to readers of this blog – thanks for stopping by from time to time.
9) I’m thankful to book bloggers who reviewed my books in 2011
10) And finally, I’m thankful to have rediscovered the joy of watching football (as in soccer). I used to follow it years and years and years ago. The World Cup this year reignited my love of the sport and I’m watching Barclay’s Premier League games basically every weekend now on the dish. (Go Spurs!)
Here’s to a great 2011 and I want to wish you and yours a happy, successful and safe 2012. Happy New Year everyone!